Apple releases iOS 16 today for iPhones
Apple has confirmed that iOS 16 will be available for iPhones worldwide starting today.
Apple users will now have access to an improved messaging feature, a lock screen, and a more comprehensive health function.
For the first time, the tech titans are excluding certain older iPhones from the yearly updates.
It’s possible because the outdated processors powering these devices can’t handle the demands of iOS 16.
iOS 16 is expected to be released to users’ phones around 1 PM Eastern Time, either an hour before or after.
Most features, such as Live Text and Visual Look Up, require an A11 Bionic chip or later version.
If you have an iPhone XR or later model phone, you should be fine.
The much-anticipated Apple event ‘Far Out’ took place on Wednesday at Apple Park in Cupertino.
Here’s a roundup of all the latest tech offerings available following the iOS 16 download:
- If you have an iPhone 14 Pro, you can customise the lock screen with different colours and widgets. Earlier phones could only access fonts and colours, which is a nice look for your phone.
- Messages: The new editing tools are wonderful. After sending a message, you edit it. Or after inadvertently sending a message. However, keep the time limit in mind.
- Mail: Change the schedule to send messages later.
- Safari allows you to share tab groups with others.
- Maps: maps are more detailed, and you can easily calculate the cost of a trip.